What Is a Content Management System (CMS)?
A content management system is a piece of software that you can install on your web server to help control certain aspects of your website. This software generally allows you to access all of the content of your website and alter it easily without having to know any complex code.
Knowing if your company needs a content management system is a fairly simple process to figure out. There are a few basic questions you need to ask about the functions of your website that can help you determine if you need a content management system:
- Does your company need to update your website often?
- Does your company want to share regular blog posts or news on your website?
- Does your company want to sell products or services directly to customers on your website?
- Does your company require a website with more than a couple of pages of content?
- Do you want to collect data about your users like e-mails and phone numbers?
If you’ve answered YES to any of these questions, then you probably require a website with a content management system.
If you’ve answered NO to all of these questions, then your company probably only needs a very simple website and you can more than likely have your website built without one.
We’d be more than happy to help your company with any online project.
Feel free to contact us at any time via our online chat, contact form, phone, or e-mail.